Digital Marketing Strategies for Law Firm
Looking for some digital marketing strategies for law firm to boost your business? Here are some simple tips, you should adopt in your law firm digital marketing strategy.
As the legal sector becoming more competitive day by day, there is a big need of Digital marketing strategy to compete other law firms online.
Many lawyers don’t get new clients and files because they don’t do enough business development activities, or they waste time on the wrong activities or services, or they don’t authentically connect with potential clients.
PPCChamp help you to create your online presence world wide. Interested to become a part of our family? Contact us on Skype “ppc.champ”.
Law firm Online Marketing Strategies
Creating an Internet Marketing Strategy for Law Firms Requires an understanding of what marketing tactics are available and how they all go together.
How inbound Marketing help law firms?
Inbound marketing has proven to deliver a cost per lead dramatically lower than outbound. In fact, law firms using inbound marketing strategies experienced a cost per lead 60% lower than companies using traditional marketing strategies such as direct mail, telemarketing, and trade shows
Content marketing is effective and in demand
- Multimedia content creation is the skill first-most in demand when recruiting into legal sector marketing teams.
- Content marketing is also viewed as the most effective digital marketing discipline for law firms.
- This corresponds with law firm websites and their prioritizing of sector insight in the form of articles, publications and videos
Search engine Optimization
- Lawyer websites, when properly coded, can be used to generate new business; however, how does one go about getting their lawyer website noticed? Certainly, not on the thirtieth page of a search engine results page.
- In order to raise positive visibility, a lawyer should employ a professional Internet marketing service who specializes in search engine optimization, or SEO.
- A great way to maximize the practice’s SEO is to be consistently distributing unique and organic content that contains the proper keywords that will attract individuals searching the Internet for the practice’s niche.
- Informative and relevant content will not only be a great resource for potential clients, but will also help to create a reputable and knowledgeable image of the practice to the public.
- The more content that is on the Internet about the practice, or about hot topics that are presently being talked about that are associated with the practice (such as medical malpractice), the better their ranking on top search
- A mobile-friendly philosophy is a priority for any law firm’s digital marketing strategy. The statistics are compelling with mobile searches (‘phones + tablets) out-performing desktop devices in many countries.
- Optimizing your website and other relevant delivery platforms for mobile searches is no longer optional, it’s mandatory.
- In April 2015, Google announced that their search algorithm, the clever stuff that determines ranking of sites, was to change to ‘penalise’ non-friendly sites. This further supports the importance of mobile, particularly for law firms who rely heavily on local search results, where 95% of users search using their ‘phone
Social Media Strategy
- On the back of the first two trends mentioned (mobile and content marketing) a strategic social media strategy is crucial.
Just as “having a website” is no longer enough for success (due to the need for ongoing search optimization, measurement, refinement and regular updating to be effective), similarly, social media needs to be a strategic element of your overall digital marketing. You need to ask questions such as:
- What are the most appropriate distribution methods for your valuable content?
- Which social platforms should your law firm use?
- How will your posts create engagement through ‘conversation’?
- How can you ensure you are engaging with your audience and not simply broadcasting to them?
- Which channels are most appropriate for visually rich content?
Linkedin is a business-oriented social platform for networking with other industry professionals and each lawyer at your firm should have an account here.
To ensure that your lawyers get the full benefit from their Linkedin accounts, they should do the following:
- Complete all details of their Linkedin Profile, including work history.
- Write an engaging description about themselves and the services they provide.
- Upload a professional profile picture.
- Join groups related to the industry and participate in discussions with other group members.
Online Public Relations
Public relations have changed radically in the last few years. Social media is now a significant part of public relations. When you reach out to journalists you are now often reaching out to bloggers and a common way to do so is through Twitter.
Journalists no longer have time to read traditional press releases. You have to wow them with a trending story and/or blow them away with unique content.
A very large part of what makes a site rank in the search engines is the amount of high quality back links to it.
Google Penguin that started taking effect in April 2012 has made it so that you now need higher quality sites linking to you. The main way to get great back links is to have great content.
While directory submissions, article marketing, public relations and other types of link building can still work to some degree, without something worth linking to, your link building strategy will be built on shifting sands. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
Paid Search Marketing
Paid search is what makes Google so much money, so it won’t go away anytime soon. While search engine optimization is one of the highest ROI tactics we find that without paid search leads are less consistent.
- Adword campaigns: Google AdWords are a great way to get your law firm prominently listed in Google search results.
- Facebook ads: Since many of your prospects are probably spending some part of their day on Facebook, Facebook ads are great way to reach them. There are several different types of ads, so take a look at the options and decide which you think would be meet your needs.
A great lawyer marketing service will not only focus on getting the word out about the practice; but will also aid in reputation management.
Reputation management is critical on the Internet, because often, prior to deciding on a professional lawyer, clients do some research into reviews about the services they are seeking.
There are a multitude of online forums on the Internet that clients can use as a sounding board to complain about their experience, give their opinion on the service, or praise a satisfactory outcome.
These reviews are critical because too many negative reviews can drive a potential client elsewhere. A great attorney marketing service will help with reputation management that can combat any negative press existing on the Internet.
Email blasts to specific targets – or your entire professional database, if appropriate – can be an effective outbound marketing method, and online email marketing providers like Constant Contact and MailChimp make it easy.
Benefits of digital marketing strategies for law firm
- Global reach – a website allows you to find new markets and trade globally for only a small investment.
- Lower cost – a properly planned and effectively targeted digital marketing campaign can reach the right customers at a much lower cost than traditional marketing methods.
- Trackable, measurable results – measuring your online marketing with web analytics and other online metric tools makes it easier to establish how effective your campaign has been. You can obtain detailed information about how customers use your website or respond to your advertising.
- Personalisation – if your customer database is linked to your website, then whenever someone visits the site, you can greet them with targeted offers. The more they buy from you, the more you can refine your customer profile and market effectively to them.
- Openness – by getting involved with social networking and managing it carefully, you can build customer loyalty and create a reputation for being easy to engage with.
- Social currency – digital marketing lets you create engaging campaigns using different types of rich media. On the internet these campaigns can gain social currency – being passed from user to user and becoming viral.
- Improved conversion rates – if you have a website, then your customers are only ever a few clicks away from completing a purchase. Unlike other media which require people to get up and make a phone call, or go to a shop, digital marketing can be seamless and immediate.
Let’s work together on your Law firm Internet Marketing Strategy
Are you ready to get started creating a legal web marketing effort that is designed for success? PPCChamp online marketing professionals are ready to listen to your goals, our services are available in UK, USA, Canada, India, Australia. Discuss your options and develop a plan to bring in the new clients your law practice needs.
Contact us on Skype “ppc.champ”!