Digital Marketing strategies for Gyms & Fitness Clubs
Running a Gym and Fitness club means, connecting new members for your gym which is not an easy task.
As a gym trainer, you have to understand the importance of ranking high on search engines, as offline marketing is no more supportive.
To differentiate yourself from other gym and Fitness clubs, you need an effective digital marketing strategy so that you can serve your potential audience in a better way.
Contact PPCChamp on Skype “ppc.champ”, if you need an outstanding online marketing strategy for your gym and fitness business.
This is how people find on search engines.
- 70% of the links search users click on are organic
- 79% of search engine users say they always/frequently click on the natural search results
- 75% of users never scroll past the first page of the search results
- In Google, 18% of organic clicks go to the first position, 10% go to the second position and 7% go to the third position
Digital Marketing tips for Gyms and Fitness Clubs
Invest in Good SEO
SEO is so powerful because of the sheer volume of people searching for gyms in Google.
There is a massive number of people using Google to find your exact services. By having your website present in these searches, your customers will increase.
SEO has become somewhat of an ugly duckling of web marketing due to the number of companies that optimize websites using spam techniques.
The SEO tips for gyms and health clubs include:
- Creating excellent, locally-focused content
- Optimizing your Google listing
- Optimizing your website
- Building NAP citations across the web (Name, Address & Phone Number)
- Fixing incorrect citations
- And more
Invest in Good online ads
There are a number of places to buy advertisements online, The recommend looking into the following:
- Facebook ads
- Google/Bing/Yahoo search
- Google/Bing/Yahoo display network
Online advertisements don’t always drive the most direct conversions, but they do drive a ton of brand awareness.
Banner ads (on Facebook and other websites) are extremely cheap. For less than $200 a month you can have a major impact on your top line.
Marketing your gym and fitness clubs using PPC advertising is one of the fastest and easiest ways to generate more leads and customers online.
Even if you have no experience with online marketing, you can hire a firm for it.
Contact PPCChamp on SKype “ppc.champ”.
Promote yourself on Social Media
Most of people now spend more time on social media than any other Internet activity. This means that there’s a huge group of active and engaged social media users that are potentially new members at your club.
Here are the top three social media sites that your gym and fitness club can start marketing on.
- Facebook: Facebook is by far the most popular social media site out there. To get started, your club can easily create a Facebook Business page to establish its online presence. Once you’re setup, your gym has a marketing platform to foster dialogue with members, provide useful tips and information and help create buzz around new promotions or events.
- Twitter: Twitter is a microblog that is used to share messages that are 140 characters or less. Usually, businesses use Twitter to direct people to other websites that contain more robust pieces of information. Twitter is unique because it gives your club a chance to show off some personality due to it’s informal and fast-paced nature. You can share articles, photos, or even inspirational quotes for your members. Check out more Twitter tips.
- Instagram: Instagram is a primarily mobile app used to share photos and videos. Since Instagram is mostly a visual network, it gives your club a great chance to show off all of it’s beautiful features and amenities to the rest of the world. With Instagram you can post photos of the inside of your club, but also things like your club’s employee culture, member transformations or workout videos. The possibilities are endless.
Promote your Gym on Youtube
YouTube marketing for your gym provides the visual experience that photos and text updates won’t give people. Videos give us a better feel of your gym, box, or yoga studio. It allows prospective members the opportunity to “visit” your gym before actually setting foot inside of your building. Done properly, video marketing in this way should only encourage people to come in.
Tips for a Good YouTube Marketing Strategy
For a complete guide to YouTube, check out our YouTube marketing guide. Here is just a short list of 5 Gym YouTube Marketing Tips:
- Focus on quality content. If your video isn’t worth viewing, people won’t watch. Subscribe to your channel, or believe anything you say.
- Once you have quality content, focus on quality audio. People will sit through so-so video as long as the content is good, and they can hear what you’re saying
- Smartphones can provide high enough audio and video quality. You don’t need a fancy camera to make a YouTube strategy work.
- Stabilize your video. If you can, use a tripod. Shaky video is another reason people won’t watch.
- Focus around a keyword and your gym name. Be sure to include both in the title of your YouTube video.
Fitness has officially gone mobile. Today, 80% of your members are bringing their phones to the gym and consumers now buy 5 times more mobile devices than TV’s and desktops combined. So wouldn’t it make sense to structure the way you market your gym around this mobile revolution? By using a club mobile app for your gym’s mobile marketing, you can use things like barcode guest passes to convert prospects into members.
Unlike direct mailers or billboards, you can calculate the exact ROI on your campaigns and get access to member data that would otherwise be inaccessible. “With mobile marketing, you can increase revenue more efficiently and effectively, while also positioning your club to be successful in our increasingly technologically savvy world.
Share Valuable Viral Content Online
Many gym and fitness centers are leveraging “content marketing.” This marketing strategy involves creating interesting and useful articles, guides, website pages and info graphics, as well as user generated content like photos. This “content” is designed to be informative, fun and also demonstrate the value of your company.
It’s time for the fitness industry to get up to speed with content marketing. Anyone can start writing online, and prospective members are genuinely interested in what you have to say.
Benefits of Digital Marketing strategies for Gyms & Fitness Clubs
- The cost of internet marketing is minimal
- flexible and results-driven for Gym and Fitness clubs
- Easily measurable
- Internet marketing increases client engagement
- Internet marketing is easier than you may realize
The above mentioned ways will boost your website ranking and enhance your gym and fitness customers online. If you need help, don’t hesitate to consult from PPCChamp.